Registration is currently closed for the Systems & Power Leadership Community!
The SPLC is currently on hold while I am out of the country teaching at the International Graduate School of Leadership in Manila of the Philippines. But continue reading in case you are interested for the future!
What have past participants said?
Are you looking to increase your leadership capacity and deepen your leadership presence?
Over the past couple of years 25 leaders have participated in this learning experience and given it great reviews. As you think about your personal or leadership development this year, I’ve love for you to consider whether the 2013-1014 cohort would be good for you. The 2012-2013 cohort is full and just underway, but it’s never too early to think about next year.
I’m looking for 12 leaders who are interested in exploring the themes of identity in leadership formation, leadership in the context of emotional and relational systems, power and servant leadership, prophetic functioning in systems, and leadership development in the context of organizational life.
This may be a great opportunity for you to go a little deeper into these themes with a few other quality people. If you know someone that would be all about this opportunity, please let them know about this as well!
Read below for a summary of the vision, intended outcomes, and basic structure of the 6month time line for those interested in this opportunity.
If you are seriously interested in participating in the next Leadership Community, fill out the short request/application and I’ll follow up with you in the near future:
For those wanting stated objectives and more info, here’s the breakdown of what we’re going after in this experience.
Purpose: To provided a guided leadership learning journey and experience in community centered around leadership formation in the context of teams and organizations for the purpose of building leadership capacity and wisdom.
- Develop a basic foundation and working knowledge of family/congregational systems theory as it relates to teams, congregations, or organizations.
- Develop a holistic paradigm of leadership formation that integrates spiritual maturity, emotional maturity, and identity.
- Develop a strong foundation and framework for stewarding power, empowering others, and being a servant-leader in identity and practice.
Structure & Details:
- Roughly a six month time-table. Target end date is TBA.
- Cost: TBA
- Who? Available to to Epic Movement, CCC/Cru Staff, and any other leader who is motivated by the intended outcomes.
- Monthly Commitment of about 14-16 hours or about 4 hrs/week. Monthly Video Conf. Call (1 1/2 – 2 hrs), Movie (2 hrs), Reading (8 hrs), Discussion Forum & Assignments (2-4 hrs)
- Monthly conference call/video chat (1 1/2 – 2 hrs) covering reading and other assignments for the month and to discuss key themes covered that month. We’ll probably use Google + for this.
- Books and readings (5-6 books; roughly 8 hrs reading per month)
- Movies and Media (1 movie per month)
- One Monthly Online Discussion Forum to have ongoing dialogue between conference calls related to readings, learning moments, and media based discussion.
This learning community is in partnership with “Epic Movement.” However, I will give priority first to any Epic Movement or EFM staff in Cru that would like to explore this, though leaders from all ministry contexts are invited. We would prefer everyone to be engaged in leadership in some way or on a leadership team on some level. There will likely be a bias towards the ministry context, but I believe it will be relevant and just as friendly to other leadership contexts.
If you are not sure you want to do this, but want more information – fill out the above form anyway and share some of your questions and thoughts and I’ll get in touch with you to talk more.
This is one of my favorite things to do and hope you consider participating this year or in the future!